Monday, March 31, 2014

Weekend In Review

Happy Monday, my dear friends.  I am hoping that you all had a great weekend.  Mine was pretty much uneventful, though I did attend a fireside at church last night.  It was required since the twins and I were performing a musical number for it.  We actually sounded really good, even though we only practiced about three times, and that was about an hour before the fireside.  We sang "I Need Thee Every Hour" (one of my favorite hymns;  Kade sang the melody, while I sang alto and Kyson sang bass).  It was a wonderful fireside.  It was called "The Living Christ".  Between each musical number, someone would read a paragraph from the book, "The Living Christ".  The Spirit was SO palpable there!  I think it was probably one of the most awesomely spiritual experiences I have had in a long time.  Mind you, I DID have to take a Xanax about half an hour before we headed to the church; just a precaution against possible anxiety due to a lot of people around me AND singing in front of a lot of people for the first time in ages.  All in all, it was a great fireside.
Saturday was NOT a special day. It was a boring day.  Nobody was home except Mom and I, and Mom read while I holed up in my room and watched movies.  The twins went to their friend's house for the day and got home around ten pm.
As you can see, my weekend was, dare I say, kind of lame.  Well, except for the fireside, which was pretty awesome.  One of the groups that performed call themselves "The Royals".  I personally think that the twins and I should call ourselves "The Tiny Trio" since not one of us is over 5'3".  We have tiny bodies but BIG voices; we refrained from microphone usage when we sang.
So.........this week sounds like it has the potential of being rather fun.  The twins, in addition to singing and being in band, also perform with the Youth Symphony here in town.  Kyson plays trumpet and Kade plays the bass trombone (for those of you who have never seen a bass trombone, it is HUGE.  Kade is a tiny little dude, and that instrument is nearly as big as he is.).  It amazes me that our tiny little town possesses so much talent!  Music is a big deal here (as are sports, but since I only understand soccer, volleyball, basketball, and baseball, my interest is limited in anything but music, which I TOTALLY understand); there are so many people here that have immense musical talent.  I am really looking forward to the symphony concert tomorrow!
There is a little bit of a mystery occurring here in the library.  There is an unoccupied laptop two seats down from me.  I have been here the better part of an hour, and I have not seen anyone using it.  Curious.......  It'll be interesting to see if anyone shows up and uses it before I leave.
Well, I am running out of things to say (shocking, right????), so I will wrap things up with this thought:  a smile is the best accessory a person could have.  It coordinates with everything you wear and it makes everyone attractive, both physically and emotionally.  So, when in doubt about how to best accessorize an outfit, go for a smile!
Until tomorrow.........

No comments:

Post a Comment