Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Patience

It is a well-known fact among those who know me well that I do not possess a large amount of patience. I n fact, it has been said that when God was giving out the gift of patience, He skipped me entirely.  However, contrary to popular belief, I DO have some patience, but not much.  For example, I am attempting to upload a video to You tube from the choir concert I attended on Monday, and though I have been letting it do its thing for the past hour and a half, it STILL has about half an hour left (not counting processing) before it's completed.  This annoys me to no end.  It's not a very long video, so why in the world would it take nearly two freaking hours to upload?  It is a baffling concept.
I often wish I had more patience.  It would certainly benefit me, as my lack of patience, and the verbalizing thereof, tends to get me into trouble. I tend to get incredibly impatient with people who I deem as lacking in intelligence (and I am usually not far off the mark with that theory).  I never say anything out loud, but my thoughts are so not kind.  However, though I hold my tongue, it is very tempting to jump up and down and scream, "You freaking idiot!!!!  What the hell is wrong with you???"  I refrain, however, and try to change my mindset to remind myself that such thoughts and impulses are very unkind and would benefit no one, even if it would blow off some steam.
Right now, my patience is being sorely tested not only by the eternal uploading to You Tube, but the sluggish nature of the internet connection here at the library today.  At first, I thought that I had too many windows open on my computer and that was slowing things down, but that had never really caused any issues before.  Regardless, I closed all windows except YouTube and Blogspot (so I could actually write a blog today).  This, however, made absolutely no difference. It's a library-wide issue.  All the big computers are hardly working, and both of us patrons who are using laptops are battling the irritating slowness of the internet/Wi-Fi connection.  Bah.  I do not like slow.  Slow, in this instance, is bad.  It's irritating.  It is making me want to bite the hell out of someone or something. Yes, I totally realize that I need to chill the heck out, but gosh darn it, I am not a patient individual, which we have already established.
You know what I need?  Chocolate, and a lot of it.  Chocolate makes everything MUCH better, even incurable impatience.  It possesses endorphins (by the way, I feel that ice cream also has endorphins), which will make me oh-so-happy.  Maybe I'm PMS-ing (minus the M, which has not occurred in years, thank God).  Maybe that's why my usually controllable impatience has escalated to a nearly chocolate necessity level.  It's probably be a good idea to procure something chocolate prior to going home, or things could get ugly.  Well, not really, because the twins totally ignore me when I am in one of "those" moods.  Truth be told, it really doesn't even have to be chocolate to quell my crankiness.  It could be anything sweet. Sweet is good.  Sweet is VERY good. Maybe yellow cake with chocolate frosting. Hmmmm.  That sounds kind of appealing.
Oh jeeze, I need to stop talking about food. I am hungry as it is, and I am NOT leaving here until that stupid video uploads and I can share it on Facebook.  I refuse to give up, even if I am really hungry and cranky.  I WILL PREVAIL!!!!!!!
That being said, I will end this for now, before I work myself into a lather or something.  Peace out. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment