Monday, April 21, 2014

Easter With My Family

My family is well-known for being able to throw a family party together in under 24 hours without breaking a sweat.  Such was true this past Saturday.  We had an impromptu family get-together at my sister, Teresa's, house (she has the biggest yard of all of us) to celebrate Easter and to bid farewell until September to my nephew, Nathan, and his wife, Toria, who are summering in Canada, and to my nephew-in-law, Scott, who is fulfilling a military assignment in Alaska.  There were SO many kids there, both older and younger.  We had an Easter egg hunt for the little kids, and the older kids hid the eggs.  They got quite creative with the hiding places.  There were eggs in my car, on my sister's car, in the trees, on the trees, etc.  It took some time for the kids to locate them all, but they did it.  I was able to get a family picture to send my daughter and nephew in Mexico. True to family tradition, at least two or more of the family members were either making odd faces or trying to do something to another family member, i.e. pouring water on my sister, Alisa. That would be one of my nephews.
I love having family get-togethers.  It is inevitable that there will be a lot of laughter and practical joking, in addition to intense Mario Kart playing by the teenagers.  We are a most irreverent bunch; laughter and humor is our family trademark.  It's funny, but when we all congregate in a public place, people often give us a wide berth.  So they don't share our brand of humor.  Nobody said they had to listen to our conversations about farts and other bodily functions.  We lack the ability to get too embarrassed about things, so our conversations get pretty interesting.......all the time.  We also get distracted easily, so people get lost in our ever-evolving conversations.  I think that all of us are more than a little ADD, which would explain the easy distractions.  But that's what makes us so interesting!
Later, peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment