Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Springtime Has Sprung

A rarity in the state of Idaho, the weather is positively warm and spring-like this week (highs in the 70s, ya'll).  I am enjoying this lovely weather while I can by being outside in the fresh, allergy-inducing air (that's what Zyrtec is for) and soaking up the rays.  I even dug my capri pants out of the closet AND shaved my legs today for the occasion!  Just the lower legs, though;  I don't wear shorts because I have ugly legs, and seriously, no one needs to see that.
In spite of the gorgeous weather,  I am having one of my "bad days".  There is no reason why I am experiencing the blues, especially on a day like today.  Depression doesn't have to have a reason;  it just likes to sneak up on me and make my life a living hell.  Well, guess what.  I am not going to allow it to dictate my day.  Just isn't going to happen.
Last night, my boys had a band concert. Though the high school bands (concert band, jazz ensemble, and percussion ensemble) are amazing, I was glad that the concert was mercifully short.  However, as always, music soothed my soul (though I do have "Girl From Ipanema" stuck in my head).  The concert was fun;  I love to hear my boys playing!  Kyson plays French horn in concert band, and trumpet/fluglehorn in jazz band, whereas Kade plays euphonium in concert band and bass trombone (which is a massive instrument;  it practically swallows Kade) in jazz ensemble.  My nephew, Colton, is also a band member; he played the congas and the chimes last night in percussion ensemble. My nieces, Alexa, Ashlyn, and Scarlett, ALL loved the concert.  Music lovers they are!
Speaking of nieces and nephews, Mom and I will be watching some of them today while their mommy is at work.  The older kids pretty much occupy themselves, but I always steal Baby Scarlett Ann.  She and I have deep conversations every day (as much as a four month-old can converse; she usually coos, squeals, and blows spit bubbles while I am discussing important topics). I am hoping to totally wear out the others by having them play outside a majority of the time.  It's a perfect day, so why not?
Well, I have run out of things to talk about for today, and I am really pooped anyway, so I will end this entry with a thought:  be proud of who you are!  There is no one in the world who is like you, and just revel in your uniqueness.
Until tomorrow.........

No comments:

Post a Comment