Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Lunar Eclipses and Dancing Twins

Did anyone catch the lunar eclipse last night/this morning?  I did, but totally on accident.  I had forgotten about it until it was almost complete (I was busy watching "Poseidon").  When I remembered that it was in the process of happening, I raced outside with my camera to get shots of it.  Let me tell you, this was NOT an easy task; the full zoom on my camera is pretty unstable and I didn't feel like running back into the house to grab my tripod.  Nonetheless, I DID get three decent shots of it.  I've never stayed up to watch a lunar eclipse before, so this was kind of a cool thing to see. I watched it until it was fully eclipsed (I totally missed the "blood moon" part, but oh well), which was very neat.
Now for the dancing twins.  Okay, I have to say that every one of my kids inherited my odd sense of humor (thank goodness for that!), and my twin sons were definitely full of it last night.  This is pretty much a nightly occurrence in my house.  Anyway, they had put on a CD that had "Stars and Stripes Forever" on it, and they were dancing in their underwear to it.  Had they been fully clothed, I would have filmed it because it was that hilarious.  There was a lot of booty shaking, hip thrusting, and a little marching involved (mind you, the marching was high-stepping). After this, they played "Bugler's Holiday" and danced to that, as well.  THAT was extremely hilarious.  There was almost a piddle puddle beneath me from laughing so hard.
Another nightly occurrence is "breaking Grandma".  My mom laughs so hard that she starts coughing A LOT and she turns a lovely shade of maroon.  This, my friends, is breaking Grandma.  How we coined this term, I know not, but I believe it was my kids who came up with it.  Anyway, this happens on a regular basis.  Me, I don't cough; I darn near pee myself (ohhhhh, sphincter muscles, why must you fail me?), which is nearly as bad.
Due to the staying up late to watch the eclipse this morning, I am really tired.  If this blog seems random and difficult to follow, that is why.  My brain is not working; I have not had nearly enough sleep or caffeine to function properly. I feel foggy and out of it.  That being said, I am going to close for now. I have no profound thoughts or quotes to share with you today, which is another effect from being overly tired.  I am unable to think properly.
Until tomorrow.............

No comments:

Post a Comment