Thursday, April 17, 2014

Stress........NOT For Wusses

I have been experiencing a higher-than-normal amount of stress lately.  I am unsure of the cause, but it is wreaking havoc in my life and in my body.  I am having difficulty sleeping, I have stress-induced acne, I have a significant loss of appetite (if only I would lose a significant amount of weight with THAT), and I have difficulty concentrating.  It could be from the trauma therapy, or it just could be life in general and all the things my kids have going on during these last few weeks of school. I feel like I am meeting myself coming and going sometimes.
I am thinking that to beat the stress, maybe I should start taking walks in the afternoons or evenings.  The weather has been pretty nice lately, and I think it would do me a lot of good.  Not only would I sleep better from the exercise and fresh air, but I would start dropping all this excess weight.  It's that or bariatric surgery (not always the solution, but I am seriously considering it.  Don't know if I would be a good candidate or if my insurance would cover it).
I HATE not sleeping well!  The following day, I am so foggy and tired that I want to nap in the afternoons. This, however, is counterproductive to my sleep issues. Then I am up all night, not able to sleep because I slept all afternoon.  So, again, I think that taking a walk would help things tremendously.
I know that this will be a short post, but you can only talk about stress so much before you get stressed out from talking about stress.  So, until tomorrow, peeps.........

No comments:

Post a Comment